Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

> Discussion of Rossi is pretty useless at this time, my opinion. It's just
> going to bring up all the same old same old, and we, as those who accept the
> reality of cold fusion, have *nothing to show* for Rossi.

Says who? Why do you doubt the independent investigation conducted at U.
Bologna? Why do you say that all previous light water results are invalid,
or meaningless? Piantelli and Focardi, Patterson . . . the early results
from Mills for that matter. Are you certain they are wrong? If they are
right, that supports Rossi and Focardi. This claim did not come out of
nowhere.

> My conclusion, based on what other researchers have written, is that Rossi
> is real, or it's a very sophisticated fraud, at something like the limits of
> what could be done fraudulently.

It can only be a fraud if Levi and the others, including all of the
observers in the first test, are going along with it. Do you seriously think
they are all in cahoots with Rossi? If they have not gone along with it,
then it is far beyond the limits of what can be done fraudulent.

Also, why do you suppose Rossi is paying the university a million euros out
of his own pocket to do tests that cannot fail to blow the lid off of a
fraud? If he is committing fraud, why would he deliberately throw away a
fortune to expose that fraud?!? It makes no sense.

The notion that this might be fraud is disproved by recent developments and
experimental results. There is not a shred of evidence for it. It is
physically impossible in any case, unless you think Levi simply made up the
details of the second test, and did not actually perform it. In that case,
you have to ask why Levi suddenly decided to destroy his own career for no
reason, with no benefit to himself. There is not slightest chance Defkalion
will pay Rossi or Levi one euro if they are conspiring to fake the results.

Sometimes it is dangerous to consider people's motivations and state of mind
when evaluating experimental claims. People do strange things, after all.
They deceive themselves. On rare occasions scientists do commit fraud. Yes,
it can happen. However, I do not think there is not a single instance in the
history of science, technology or commerce in which someone first committed
fraud, and then immediately paid a million euros of his own money, all of
his remaining wealth, to make certain that the fraud would be exposed in a
few months. People are weird, but never THAT weird.