On 2011-04-06 19:10, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson wrote:

Really! Does he say why he doesn't want to know?

The only speculation that makes any sense to me might be for personal
safety reasons.

He doesn't, and I don't think he seriously means that either, but maybe he simply doesn't want to jeopardize the patenting process of Rossi's reactor and/or Rossi's current temporary advantage over any possible emerging competitor.

Perhaps the catalyzing compound is so important for the macroscopic excess energy to occur that even he isn't allowed to know what is it about (I find this hard to believe though).

By the way, I forgot to add it in the opening post, but he also said that they don't use natural uranium (or any other radioactive material either - as Rossi has repeatedly written all along).

Cheers,
S.A.