If all energy is convertible and equivalent as - modern physics preaches - what
is the purpose of maintaining a small supply of energy when the reaction
chamber
gets much hotter?
Clearly the quality of the input energy matters.
I don't think the reductive notion that all energy is "equivalent" exists in
the
alchemical tradition.

Harry