Alan J Fletcher wrote:
a) The pump does add a tiny amount of heat to the water passing through it : the input temperature should be measured AFTER the pump.
It is always measured after the pump. It would be rather difficult to measure it before the pump. Offhand, I can't imagine how you would arrange that. Perhaps in reservoir? Anyway, no one does it that way. However, when you do measure reservoir temperature, you find it is the same as the inlet to within 0.1°C. The pump does not add any measurable heat between the pump body and the inlet sensor. All of the heat it adds shows up with the water splashes to a halt.

b) There is FRICTIONAL loss in a pipe

Yes, that is the tiny amount of heat I referred to.