Hi,
[snip]

Before we all get too wrapped up in this technology, I would point out that if
only the Ni62 & Ni64 are used, then the world's known nickel reserves (about 140
million tonnes) would only last 100 years at the current rate of energy use,
assuming this were the sole source of power, and that it proves uneconomical to
extract Nickel from extremely low grade ores.
However I have hope that during that 100 years we will learn to use other metals
(e.g. Titanium which is about 50 times more prevalent in the Earth's crust), or
even, with luck, Iron.

>Let's assume that on the order of a year, one of the many free energy
>technologies, whether Ecat, ORBO, Blacklightpower's devices, and a few of
>the many other possibilities comes to fruition as very practical devices,
>I'd like to hear your opinions on business strategies these developments
>will engender.
>
>Perhaps we should sell all petroleum, battery company, wind and solar power
>company and energy utility stocks short.
>
>Perhaps we should buy up all the land under high tension line rights of way.
>
>Perhaps we should buy the device(s) and sell power back to the power
>utilities ( here in Arizona, a 1 Megawatt generator would yield US$200,000
>per year, and the utilities have to buy the energy ).
>
>The energy efficiency initiatives would go out the window.
>
>Massive sea water desalination plants would green the deserts and disrupt
>numerous other economic decisions.
>
>Cars that use no fuel will zero out road taxes.
>
>Maybe one should get into the power plant decommissioning business :-) .
>
>What are your thoughts -- what strategies would you embrace?
>
>Hoyt Stearns
>Scottsdale, Arizona US

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk