A couple of people have noted a strange thing about the configuration of the
mini Rossi device. See figure 3 in the E&K report:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/EssenHexperiment.pdf

The report says: "At the end of the horizontal section there is an auxiliary
electric heater to initialize the burning and also to act as a safety if the
heat evolution should get out of control."

This heater is on the outside of the copper pipe. There is a red wire on the
bottom powering it. Rossi claims that the cell is made of stainless steel
and it is inside this. The steel pipe coming out of the top is attached to
the inside cell, and I assume that is also where he pours in the powder. The
water flows between the copper housing and the inside cell.

The problem with this is, if the water is flowing between the copper and the
cell, that heater will not reach the cell. It will only heat the water.

Ed storms and I asked Rossi about this. He said, 'Sorry, I can't talk about
that.' Perhaps he also asked E&K not to discuss it. They note the heater but
they say nothing more about it, and they must've been curious about the
strange positioning of it.

I think Rossi also indicated there is another heater in the cell but his
English was a little unclear to me. In Fig. 2 there are two wires coming out
of the cell on the left side of the photo. Perhaps one is a thermocouple and
the other cell heater that goes all the way into the cell?

I have two hypotheses about this, which are unsatisfactory and more
unsatisfactory:

1. That is a calibration heater, and there another cell heater. This would
not be a very good calibration here because it is outside the copper housing
and most of the heat would be lost.

2. Part of the steel cell is brazed onto the copper wall. Water does not
flow all around the steel cell, but only partly around it. The heater warms
the copper housing and the steel cell under it, in the parts which are in
direct contact.

I do not know what to make of it.