>From Jed:

> You mean, the cell is a torus? With the cooling water flowing
>  through the middle?

Yes.

> I believe that is what Ed Storms may have concluded. (I don't
> speak for him.) I thought there might be a problem getting the
> powder into a torus, because you can't access the bottom, but
> people who have experience using this kind of powder tell me
> it flows almost like a liquid. It does not cake up. So that's not
> a problem. I envisioned something with the consistency of
> wheat flower, but that is not what it resembles.

Additional commentary:

>From Harry:
> Isn't that the same configuration Jones imagined?

Dunno! Perhaps great minds think alike. ;-)

If so, my/our configuration raises other equally vexing questions. If
the e-kitten reactor cell is indeed engineered as a torus with a hole
in the center for the water to flow through, such a configuration
strikes me as being extremely inefficient thermally speaking. Only the
heat radiating within the central ring of the reactor will transfer to
the flowing water. Reactor heat radiating away from the exterior outer
ring wall would not. Meanwhile, the external wall is where the
auxiliary heater is positioned, and where it is transferring its own
externally generated heat INTO the reactor cell. To be honest I find
this entire configuration weird!

Whatever...

Jed has my sympathies.

Regards