Hi,
[snip]
>I meant to say we agree this is beyond the limits of chemistry, but
>there is NO chance the flow rate changed by a factor of 133 and no one
>noticed.
>
>- Jed

Actually that depends on whether the flow rate was measured with the device
attached or not.

Consider the following scenario. You turn on the tap and measure the flow rate.
You then connect a hose to the tap with a hand held nozzle. The nozzle has been
completely closed. You then remove the hose and once again measure the flow rate
from the tap, which has changed little from your first measurement.

Can you now claim to have measured the flow rate through the nozzle?

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://rvanspaa.freehostia.com/Project.html