Joshua- this will need some discussions but I think eventually we can
establish a Perfect Experience Protocol for Indiviual E-Cats- that is
satisfactory both from the points of view of engineering and of the sane
bureaucracy of standardization. i am opting for fully quantitative and not
for "common sense" experiments.

For your information ( I don't know if you read my Ego Out blog- anyway here
the following points were proposed:

1- in case of steam experiments NOT to measure the temperature or
dryness/wetness but the enthalpy- i.e total
heat of the steam,

2- the minimum duration of the experiment 72 hours,

3- water heating experiments prefered

4- as far it is possible, after startup to work with zero input

*Now your ideas*:-

- disconnecting hydrogen bottle
I agree however the Bologna people have measured the hydrogen consumed. Plus
I have a great experience with hydrogen as fuel - it is a lousy one- much
heat on weight basis but it comes in volumes *i had to solve the problem*
*of finding an use *for the millions of cu.ft excess hydrogen from the NaCl
electrolysis plant OLTCHIM. Natural gas is 3 times better than hydrogen and
how colud you burn hydrogen without forced air/oxygen in the E-cat? Lets' be
reasonable. However the H2 bottle has to be disconnected
and acrried away, OK!

- input electricity disconnected after start-up- I agree. FYI- Prof.
Francesco Piantelli  the scientist of the NI-H field
had a cell working without any input for months at the level
of 70 W- in the year 2000. So this restriction should be possible for  Rossi
too -at much greater energy levels.

- Stirling Engine- I think not a practical idea- which commercial type would
yoiu buy/recommend?-

- to make visible water coming out- or steam betore mixing it with say ten
fold more cold water- a good idea but it cannot help- is not quantitative
but it say water is not hidden somewhere Some Pyrex needed

-Your Point 3. is  common sense experiment, rather qualitative and using ice
water is an useless complication, the ice-water ratio cannot be
established and maintained- please do not insist!. Experiment made by
engineeers NOT by Hausfrauen

I protest angrily- a f....g experimrent done without thermo-, flow-, volume-
meters is not serious, sorry!

-Chemical vs nuclear vs some ZPE- unanswerable without a complete chemicl
isotopic analysis of the spent Ni fuel or exhausted  Catalyst. We can
speculate a lot but without data
it si just am intellectual exercise (Rossi has used a more precise
expression)

I don't understand the use of the E-cat in a mode analoguous with a heater
immersed in a hot tube/reservoir.

OK let's continue defining the Protocol. I am ready to explain you the
details- but please let's organize better the materil of discussion- we need
a good taxonomy.

Peter

-

--