At 06:33 PM 5/28/2011, mix...@bigpond.com wrote:
Hi,
[snip]
>Not being a mills expert,  how do we know the Mills effect is not nuclear?
>No radiation and/or transmustation?

If the Mills effect is nuclear, then it also has to function in a gas/plasma
(see some of Mills' early experiments with e.g. Sr, Ar.)

Aw, geez, folks. No, CF doesn't function in a plasma. Period. (Okay, okay, I shouldn't be so damned certain, but if it happened in a plasma, it would be very visible and easily detectable. CF appears to depend on quantum phenomena that are based on common influences from many atoms, acting together. There are a number of well-known nuclear effects that don't happen in plasmas.

For example, muon-catalyzed fusion, while it might *happen* would be undetectable, the rates would be so low, and certain nuclei are stable in a plasma, and become unstable when in the solid state. And then, of course, there is this cold fusion thingie, whatever it is. Making helium, it must be nuclear.