Joshua Cude wrote:

It is not the temperature reading that convinces me it is at the boiling point, it is the fact that the temperature is so perfectly flat. If the steam were dry, its temperature would be free to increase, but it never does.

If you have a high temperature thermometer, please try this at home:

Boil some water in a teapot so that steam emerges from the spout. Turn the flame down, so that only a little emerges. Measure the temperature of the steam. You will find it is ~101°C.

Turn the flame up as high as it will go. A lot of steam will come out. Measure the temperature again. It will still be 101°C.

You have to pressurize it to make it any higher. When you add more heat, all you do is boil more water.

Of course a flow configuration is not quite the same, and there may be a little more opportunity for the vapor to cross the hot surface and heat up before it escapes, but with something the size of the Rossi device, at 1 atm, you would have to make it produce many kilowatts of anomalous heat before you get the steam up to up to 110°C or 120°C.

(I realize I got this wrong before, but not that wrong!)

In all the experiments, at various different flow rates and input powers, when boiling is reached, it stays flat.

Yup. This is exactly what you see when you calibrate with a joule heater. Turn the power way up; the line will stay flat. Try it! Build a flow calorimeter.