2011/6/25 Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you have a high temperature thermometer, please try this at home:
>> Boil some water in a teapot so that steam emerges from the spout. Turn the
>> flame down, so that only a little emerges. Measure the temperature of the
>> steam. You will find it is ~101°C.
>>
>> Turn the flame up as high as it will go. A lot of steam will come out.
>> Measure the temperature again. It will still be 101°C.
>
> Of course, because there is liquid water present. You are heating the water,
> not the steam.

That is good insight, because E-Cat heats water in liquid phase.
Heating element is completely submerged into water. Input water flow
is adjusted for exactly on that reason, so that E-Cat's heating
element is always completely submerged. I.E. input flow is adjusted so
that it matches evaporation rate.

Therefore E-Cat is exactly the same thing as a kettle where there is a
hose plugged into nozzle and input water flow is adjusted so that
there is always water present in liquid form. This why E-Cat has a
tall chimney, to prevent overflow of water and boiling away all the
water coolant. If there is no water in liquid form around heating
element, E-Cat melts down.

–Jouni

P.S. It is surprising that you and abd have written hundreds of very
long messages although misunderstanding is on such a basic level that
people do not know how tea pot is functioning!