Jouni Valkonen <jounivalko...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is important that tea pot does not overflow, because it messes up
> calculations, because steam is not dry anymore. Therefore E-Cat's
> inner volume has to be big enough to account power fluctuations
> because peak power can surge over 120 kW. On the other hand if all the
> water boils away, core temperature may rise too high.

That is an astute observation. Thank you.

You are right that if the water boils away the temperature will rise
rapidly.

If the heat is too low, the teapot fills up and starts to overflow, cold
water will flow in and replace the hot water, and it will soon stop boiling.
The outlet temperature will fall below 100 deg C.

While the machine is running, Rossi is constantly checking the screen
numbers and adjusting the anomalous heat. I do not know he does this, but
apparently he is able to do it. He changes the input power slightly, I
think. I assume he is keeping the teapot full without letting it overflow.
It would be easier to do this with a tube on the outside.

Of course this can be automated. He is running the thing manually.