At 11:28 AM 6/30/2011, Rich Murray wrote:
This team was competent enough to dismiss their own excess energy claims.

Transmutations and isotope shifts may well be the most convincing
evidence for low levels of LENR -- widely reported in a variety of
setups -- has this area been reviewed in detail? -- Joshua Cude, where
are you, we need you...

Returning to PdD, excess heat is widely reported and there is, in fact, "transmutation" reported. Often we think about transmutation in cold fusion experiments in terms of higher-Z isotopes, but the main transmutation, for which there is clear evidence, is deuterium to helium. Joshua hasn't been willing to acknowledge this, so far, based on what I see as mere technicalities, such as excluding any evidence, no matter how solid or convincing it might be in itself, which hasn't been published in a mainstream peer-reviewed journal. In fact, there is such publication, but it's old.

My sense of this is that the field, in general, doesn't care enough about "proving" cold fusion any more, to be willing to shoulder the heavy costs involved, in money and time. And, indeed, why should they? What, exactly, is the problem with relying upon McKubre's reports prepared for, say, EPRI?

But to each his own, eh?