Harry Veeder wrote:

Since only Rossi and Levi were present at the 18 hr test, it is possible that Rossi fooled Levi by tampering with the instruments prior to the tests.

This is not possible. It is very easy to confirm that the instruments were more-or-less correct with visual and tactile senses. That is to say, you can see the flow rate is about 1 L/s; you can see that the inlet wire cannot support more than ~2 kW of input power (or it will burn); and you can feel the inlet is substantially warmer than the outlet. Given maximum possible input power, the outlet would not be more than 0.1°C warmer than output, and you cannot feel this difference.

I do not know for a fact that someone felt the outlet hose, but I have never met an experimentalist who would fail to do this. In the other tests, people I know who attended made several common-sense visual and tactile confirmations.