At 07:56 AM 7/21/2011, Damon Craig wrote:
Cude, Lomax:

To you two, and myself, its fairly obvious this device doesn't do what it is reported to do, but we have no solid, unrefutable evidence--yet.

One presumption is that an auxillary source of heat energy, such as resistive heating, is capable of controlling an exothermic reaction having greater heat output than the auxillary heat supplied by a factor exceeding about 6.

Does this thermal energy gain obtained in this manner sound physically reasonable to either of you?

It's plausible as a control method, depending on the temperature response of the active material.

The active material will presumably have an increased reaction with increased temperature. If we raise the temperature to the point where there is the 6X evolution of heat, we may still be below self-sustaining temperature. So if the extra heat is removed, the reactor becomes cooler, and as it cools, the heat generation slows, etc.

This is far simpler than other possibilities, my opinion, this is why Rossi is doing it. Controlling the reaction in other ways, though, could allow the reactor to operate in a self-sustaining region, so that continuous heating isn't needed. That requires having other means to rapidly quench the reaction. Reportedly, nitrogen has been used, flushing the reaction chamber with nitrogen to rapidly shut down the heat. Setting up a means for rapidly increasing cooling should do the trick, too.