2011/7/22 Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <a...@lomaxdesign.com>:
> Essentially, "burden" is a social construct, it doesn't exist aside from
> human conventions. There is no "burden meter."

Again you are on a roll! This burden of proof argument is silly and
widely spread pseudoargument.

Usually it works, because if Alice tells something to Bob, Alice
usually wants Bob to believe her. Therefore burden of proof is here in
Alice's hands. But in this case Rossi has made a bold claim, but does
not benefit a single bit whether we believe him or not, but instead
our endless curiosity does not rest until we get some, even partial
clarification. Therefore in this case, burden of proof is in our hands
and we need to find discrepancies or evidences whether E-Cat claim is
trustworthy or not.

Although, excess heat claims are exaggerated, I think that considering
how many persons are involved to this magic performance, I still trust
100% to Rossi. With a hoax in hand, it is impossible to make money,
not least because in order to sell anything that contains nuclear
reactions, you need to have licence from the authorities, to ensure
it's safety. Oddities on how E-Cat was brought into discussion makes
some sense, because Rossi has very clear cut personal philosophy,
although his choice was not the most sensible one. But I am accusing
ridiculous patent legislation!

–Jouni