On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:11 PM, OrionWorks - Steven V Johnson <
svj.orionwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone seriously consider the possibility that an energy firm,
> possibly even a petroleum corporation might be nibbling?

I don't know if you saw it; but, Spaandonk mentioned Ford Motor Company.
 Consider this, the mean power comsumption of an automobile traveling at 60
mph is on the order of 16 kW.  The peak power consumption of the average
home is on the order of 10 kW.  The mean power consumption of the average
home is 1 kW.

Now, stay with me, this will be a shocking idea . . . suppose your car could
power your home.   I know, we think of electric vehicles and having your
home power your car; but, consider the numbers.

I have an engine in my new car which is capable of 25 kW; but, I only use it
2 or 3 hours per day.  Suppose my engine was a Rossi, 4 module VCat and
capable of running continuously.  When in the garage, it could power my
house and charge my home power system for when I was away.  When I am at
work, I can feed the hungry grid.

Novel idea, eh?