Daniel Rocha wrote:

So, Mills is trying the same approach as farma companies do, massively parallel testing substances. But I don't think Rossi's catalyzer is about substance, but rather in how the lattice of the substance is arranged spatially.

These remarkable instruments described at ICCF16 can do a three-dimensional analysis of substances on the scale of an SEM. They can micro-section materials and produce both a SEM photo with a spacial analysis while also recording the elements in each location. I believe they can characterize a lattice as fcc, bcc and so on.

As I said, I was astounded at the capabilities. Something like this would be a big help to reverse engineering a product.

The SEM alone cannot do the whole job. Even if you know how the lattice is shaped and what elements and compounds it includes, you still may not know how to fabricate a similar arrangement.