________________________________
From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:46 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:more speculations on break-up

I wrote:

It's much better for Rossi to have licencee(s) build a few large
electricity-generating units in well-garded places, and sell the electricity to
resellers.

>The strategy would not work, and it would not be allowed. It would not work
>because "security by obscurity" for such a momentous discovery would never
>last. . . .

I have no idea whether this is Rossi's strategy or not. I never speculate about
Rossi. This might be his strategy, but if it is, I am sure it will fail, for
the reasons I spelled out.

I am equally sure that Defkalion's sales strategy will also fail. There is no
chance people with 40 million euros will be allowed to start build dozens of
factories worldwide to manufacture machines that no physicist can explain, and
only one national laboratory in Greece has tested. Such an informal,
unregulated approach would never be allowed in the EU, Japan or the U.S.
Perhaps you could bribe enough government officials in China to allow it, but
even there the public no longer stands silently when inept officials kill
people the way they did in the recent high speed railroad accident.

Defkalion's strategy will succeed, because there is no reason for it not to
succeed. The reactors are safe. Also, the world needs this technology. If by
some chance individuals such as yourself succeed in getting this technology
held back for years, I hope there is a peaceful global revolution against big
government tyrants.

Some people here have predicted that if cold fusion reactors do need the usual
testing by government agencies, the opposition will use this as means to
smother the technology, or strangle it with red tape. I disagree. The
requirements for extensive testing did not stop the Prius, the Boeing
"Dreamliner" aircraft, or other improved technology. Regulations added to the
cost, of course. They make it impossible for a small, unfunded start-up to
introduce a radical new technology. Tesla Motors, for example, has to sell cars
at a high price to cover all the testing, and they use bodies developed by
mainstream manufacturers.

Once national laboratories worldwide begin serious testing of commercial
prototype cold fusion devices, the physicists who say cold fusion does not
exist will shut up and go away. Scientific American and Nature will modesty
accept credit for helping to invent the technology. The public will demand that
the regulatory agencies move quickly to approve the machines. If there are
delays and attempts to strangle cold fusion, this will be front page news, and
the public will not stand for it. I expect it will take 5 or 10 years for the
devices to reach the marketplace, but I do not think any organization, cartel
or corporation will be powerful enough to stop it. I am sure that many will try
to stop it, but as I have often said, nothing can overrule public opinion.

Despite the power of concentrated wealth and corruption on Wall Street and in
government, in such matters public opinion will prevail. The only way the
opposition can win will be if the public pays no attention to the tests, and
expresses no desire to buy cold fusion reactors. Because cold fusion will save
the average U.S. person thousands of dollars a year, and because this will soon
be common knowledge, I think there is no chance the pubic will ignore this. The
lure of money is too strong for that.