Horace wrote: «If you provide numbers for Mass, Thermal Power (before
shutoff), Inlet Temp., Mass Temp., and Inlet Flow then I will then be happy
to provide the corresponding data.»

Perhaps 500 grams was too small value. I re-estimated that if the outer
volume of core chamber is 50cc, then perhaps 2kg is maximum value for
thermal mass in the core. But we know very few details. The copper tubing
does not contain much thermal mass, as it is in contact with steam/water,
thus temperature is less than 100°C. Anyways my estimationes.

The mass of the core (for storing thermal energy) 500g-2kg.
Max core temperature 1000°C
Thermal power 2-3kW
Inlet: 25°C / 5kg/h
Steam overpressure: 3.2 kPa.

Notice that if core temperature is high (such as during the power surge in
18h experiment), then only small portion of the core is in that temperature,
but there is temperature gradient. However it is unlikely that core
temperature is high during normal operation. Unfortunately we (or I?) do not
have any data what is the core temperature in normal operation.

But it is odd that we discuss this because all Rossi's reactors are
currently selfsustaining indefinitely, because he can manage them adjusting
hydrogen pressure and cooling water inflow rate.

—Jouni

Ps. I do not know what model of E-Cat we are talking about. Does we have
pictures? Or is it just some mythical test what was seen by nobody.