  From: Roarty, Francis X
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:32 PM
  Subject: RE: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:E-cat news at Nyteknik

  Any mass  has a certain gradient described in temp/time for thermal gain or
loss. I think Jed was specifying the period where the temperature rebounded
higher than it existed while being heated by input power. That seems anomalous
to me made more curious by the initial drop in temp when the input power is
initially removed - the extra temp would seem to indicate the reaction has
reinitiated without the resistive heating. My posit is that the active heating
has opposite effects on the reaction cavities where the dominant heat is being
generated by  nominal nano scale cavities while there also exist some  hot
spots of sub nano geometry that are held from runaway by the pulse width
modulation - I suspect that these pockets can finally start to run away when
the PWM is removed and quickly grow to the point where they start to reignite
the larger cavities in place of the PWM. This would also explain Rossi's
concern about damage - not only to the pico cavities melting down and losing
the ability to operate closed loop but also over stimulating the larger
cavities to plastic hot conditions where the stiction forces would alleviate
the Casimir geometries.[melting closed or growing perpendicular whiskers]

  Fran