At 12:26 PM 9/16/2011, Alan J Fletcher wrote:
To maintain an internal pressure of 3 Bar (needed for 130C) you'd need a pretty small orifice : less than 1/32 inch ?.
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/steam-flow-orifices-d_1158.html
(Unfortunately, that's in engineering units .. I'll look for a metric version.)

I re-found the metric version for pressure drop in a tube:
http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/steam-pressure-drop-calculator-d_1093.html

This is what I used to calculate the pressure drop through the March/April ecat.

Suppose the internal pressure is 3 bar, and the eCat is a tube (as in March/April) of about 1 inch diameter Here the flow is 10 kg/hr (assuming all gas) -- so the pressure drop would be 1 kPa (1 Bar) per 100m -- or only
3/100 = 0.03 Bar for 3 meters.

I'm still looking for the 'orifice' needed to create 3 Bar internal pressure.