Ah... I seem to have an overpowering urge to ramble on for a bit. Please
feel free skip the following soliloquy if one is easily bored by matters
pertaining to the care and feeding of our inner psyches. I've noticed that
on more than one occasion commentary attributed to Mr. Murray seems to bring
out a desire on my part to meddle with the opinions of others. It seems to
generate a desire within me to pontificate at my own expense - and obviously
to the expense of anyone else so inclined to eavesdrop. You have been
forewarned! ;-)

>From Rich:

> yes, but what's going on since 1989 is more collective

> mutual delusion, rather than deliberate lying, in most cases

> -- as one who has twice failed radically at attempting day

> trading stocks, I notice that Ponzi schemes in all their

> variety constitute much of what is still presented as

> legitimate business activity -- disconfirmation is interpreted

> as some personal failing, not as evidence for the profound

> delusion of the entire field

Exactly whose delusions are we wrestling with here?

As previously mentioned, I attempted to make a profit in the commodities
market. I was trading commodities close to real-time. What I was doing was
not all that different than trying to make a living as a Day Trader. I lost
a lot of savings in my attempts, and needless to say I wasn't too happy
about it. (I can sympathize with your own circumstances, and I feel your
pain.) Fortunately for me, the economic damage I was personally responsible
for was pretty much self-contained. I didn't pilfer the savings of anyone
other than my own accounts, and as such, only had myself to blame when it
came time to paying my bills. ;-)

FWIW, when forced to confront very blunt lessons, such as the loss of a
significant amount of money due to one's own misjudgments, it becomes easy
to become overwhelmed by the painful memories & the consequences that
ensured. They can color one's outlook on life. It's easy to become
suspicious, even cynical about the subsequent actions and motivations of
ourselves and of others as well.

It's at this stage that one must be alert to the possibility of projecting
the memories of our personal failures onto the actions of others -
particularly activities that seem to strike an unpleasant chord within our
own psyches. This certainly applies to what has been going on in the CF
field for the past 20 years. It also includes Rossi & Co, and any potential
competitors who might be out there, like Piantelli. However, trying not to
project the circumstances of our own failures into of the perceived actions
of others is NOT an easy lesson to master. I'm still working at it.

In other words, It takes one to know one.

>                    -- in addition, the unimaginable

> unity and subtlety of the present moment of awareness is the

> ultimate source of invalidation of all perceptions, concepts,

> and projects -- so question everything deeply for yourself,

On the surface this sounds like an interesting comment, maybe even profound
on some transcendent level. However, to be honest I don't get what you're
trying to say. Are you implying our perceptions at every moment in time are
prone to be invalid - inaccurate??? Well, shoot! Scholars and religious
leaders have been debating the reality of our existence since the dawn of
mankind. In the end, who cares! Regarding the more intriguing phrase
pertaining to "...the present moment of awareness" - I'd like to follow up
with the comment that it has been my experience that a more practical way to
perceive reality is to stay focused on the present moment. Try to remain
conscious of one's own inner "being-ness" and of one's presence in the
external surroundings. Speakers like Eckhart Tolle, inform us of the fact
that we often seem get overly caught up in convoluted memories of painful
past actions, or we get caught up over real or imagined fears of what the
future may bring for us. What Tolle and other speakers of his caliber have
tried to suggest to their audiences is that all of these fixations subtract
from us the simple fact that the only way to change bad things that have
happened to us (from the past), or what we fear could happen to us (in the
future), is to stay focused in the present moment. It's only in the present
moment where we can actually do something about the past or future matters.
It's only in the present moment where we can initiate changes in our life.
However, I suspect there are many who find much of Tolle's writings and
lectures to be a tad boring. Ah well, to each his own.

>  as Buddha advised -- tend the garden of your own present moment

> of awareness".

No doubt about it. Buddha was a cool dude. Well ahead of his time.

Pertaining to the matter of opinions, Buddha also sed -  People with
opinions just go around bothering each other.

http://quotations.about.com/od/spiritualquotes/a/buddhistquotes.htm

Ok, I think I've done enuf bothering for one spell.

* * * * *

In the meantime, I've heard all the Rossi "previews". Like most here I'm
looking forward to the October 6 Rossi Show. I've got my popcorn, and hoping
the show will at least be entertaining, if not informative.

Regards

Steven Vincent Johnson

www.OrionWorks.com

www.zazzle.com/orionworks