Hi Horace,

I find your posts quite interesting and you seem to have a rational rather
than emotional approach which makes for good reading.

I just read your reply to Dave and as it seemed to make the ECat (and my
kettle) impossible I thought I'd double check some of your calculations and
I think you've made a mistake on the heat flow from the reactor:

R = (0.002 m)/(16 W/(m K)*(1.8x10^-2 m^2) = 1.78 °C/W

By my calculations:
R = 0.002/(16 * 0.018)
  = 0.002/.288
  = 0.007 °C/W

>From engineeringtoolbox.com

*Fourier's Law* express conductive heat transfer as

*q = k A dT / s         (1)*

*where*

*A = heat transfer area (m2, ft2)*

*k = thermal conductivity of the
material<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/thermal-conductivity-d_429.html>(W/m.K
or W/m
oC, Btu/(hr oF ft2/ft))*

*dT = temperature difference across the material (K or oC, oF)*

*s = material thickness (m, ft)*

So A = 180 CM^2 = 0.018 M^2

     K =  16 W/(m K)
    s = 0.002m

Then q = 16*0.018*dT/0.002
       = 144 * dT

So for 2500W we'd have a temperature difference of 2500/144 = 17 C
which is quite reasonable.

This is all way out of my area of expertise so I could be messing up
units somewhere.

Best Regards, Colin