Gamma rays may have a subjective definition.You can say that Gamma Rays are
photons emitted by state transitions of the nucleus and X-Rays are photons
that comes from electrons. X-Ray machines emits what would be otherwise
consider gamma rays, around 140KeV. For example,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technetium-99m

The gamma ray can have a small wavelength such that it could almost fit in
the range of visible light, such as
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_thorium#Thorium-229m

If you consider a gamma ray as photons originated by decays of excited
decays of the nucleus, you can have wave lengths near the visible
spectrum,