Hi,

On 5-11-2011 2:50, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Here is an interesting comment in the Wikipedia discussion from someone who claims he or she was present at the Oct. 6 test. Does anyone know what "kettle stone" means? Deposits from evaporated water?
--Kv1970

A couple of remarks:
1: Kettle stone is a fairly blunt translation of the word "ketelsteen", which is used in the Dutch language in the Netherlands and the (Northern) Flemish half of Belgium.
Correct word should be limescale.
2: On the observer list was a person with the following name: Koen Vandenwalle (Production Engineer, Volvo, Ghent Belgium)
3: Ghent is residing in the Flemish part of Belgium.

Ergo ...

B.t.w. I remember that as a child we had a metal kettle for boiling hot water for a pot of tea in which "ketelsteen" appeared and if I'm not mistaken a special kind of egg-shaped object resided in this kettle; this egg-shaped object had a mesh structure with as purpose to collect all the limescale during the boiling of the water and had regularly to be cleaned with acetic acid.

Kind regards,

MoB