Michele Comitini <michele.comit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ergo, se National Instrument รจ
> uscita allo scoperto adesso, significa che anche loro hanno escluso
> l'ipotesi (campata in aria) della bufala.  "

Ergo, if Nat. Instr. came out now, it
> means that they too excluded the (too far fetched) hoax hypothesis."

The meaning of this English is a little unclear. I guess it means:

Ergo, if National Instruments has come out now, it means that the people at
National Instruments have excluded the hoax hypothesis, which has now
become too far-fetched to be believed.

I think that conclusion is reasonable. They would not allow a press release
of this nature if they suspected the machine might be a scam. I expect they
did careful due diligence checks. A large corporation like that is very
concerned about its public image. It would not want to be identified with a
scam in any way.

I suppose they're still hedging their bets, in case the machine turns out
to be irreproducible or dangerous. I guess that is why they say things such
as:

"I would love for him to be right.

"We support every kind of research for the betterment of human kind.
Whoever is interested in doing that, we would be happy to support."

It is unclear to me when they said that. This could refer to the situation
as it stood months ago. Perhaps they are now fully convinced? That could be
why they authorized the press release and "came out." If Fioravanti is
legitimate and they know that (because he works for them, let us say) they
now have certain proof that the thing is real.

I expect NI is run by engineers. No sane engineer would dispute those
results, if he was sure Fioravanti is telling the truth.