OK, I've now conceived of how the temperature is stabilized without
feedback control, and it doesn't require anything like mixed phase flow.
All it requires is pressure in the reaction vessel high enough to keep the
liquid flow at the boiling point (for that pressure) and transport away all
the power within the heat of latent heat provided by the nearly
discontinuous rise in effective specific heat of water at the boiling point.

The water pump pressure feeding the E-Cat could be very high relative to
atmospheric pressure, and the pressure drop at the exit from the E-Cat
could be quite substantial prior to the thermocouple, resulting in a dry --
even superheated -- steam.

So my originally post problem of estimating the pressure at the output
thermocouple still stands as critical in invalidating the Oct 28
demonstration.