The energy necessary to create a surface big enough to surround all atoms
of a liquid is the enthalpy of boiling. This is a recent result and is
pretty accurate for a large range of substances
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enthalpy_of_vaporization#Physical_model_for_vaporization
.

So, at boiling pressures, the bubble will decrease indefinitely since the
energy is enough to break surface tension up to atomic scales. If that
doesn`t happen, pressure will just increase, so that equilibrium is reached
and boiling temperature is raised.