If the same water is _theoretically_ supposed to boil at the same
precise temperature at a given pressure, I just don't understand how
water can _theoreticallly_ survive as a liquid drop while surrounded
by steam which is above the boiling point. In other words, the theory
that the same water always boils at the same _precise_ temperature for
a given pressure is an idealisation and an approximation.

My conclusion is consistent with Prof. Hasok Chang (Cambridge
university) experimental finding that the same water does not always
boil at the same precise temperature for a given pressure. In
particular he has shown the surface characteristics of a boiler can
lower the boiling point by two or three degrees. He also says such
anomalous behaviour is well known among people who work with with
steam but it has been ignored or dismissed by the academy.

Harry