On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 11:30 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

> Daniel, I think that the poster believes that the ECATs are full of water
> in Rossi's 1 MW test.

Well, full of water and steam. The steam takes up most of the volume and so
it moves much faster entraining water droplets in it. As Heffner described
it, a kind of percolation phenomenon.

His argument is totally dependant upon having the ECATs full so that water
> is forced out with the vapor.

Since the ecats start full when boiling begins, if the rate of vaporization
is less than the flow rate, you will get a mixture of water and steam
coming out. No way to avoid that. When the steam moves fast through the
conduit, it will likely flow in an annular/mist regime, and depending on
the design, could be in a pure mist regime. It would have been in Rossi's
interest to design the conduit in such a way to generate a mist.

> Under those conditions, plenty of water would indeed be expelled.
> Unfortunately, the evidence clearly suggests otherwise.  The HVAC engineer
> made measurements of the water contained within the output stream and found
> little.

This evidence is anything but clear. The device used was wholly inadequate
for the purpose, and would have been completely useless if the water was
entrained as a mist. Moreover, evidence indicates that the valve to this
device was closed during the run, even though Rossi claims they collected
the liquid throughout the run.

> You are correct in your beliefs.

Such certainty is the sign of a closed mind.