OrionWorks - Steven Vincent Johnson <orionwo...@charter.net> wrote:

> *How to succeed in business by faking out the competition with
> disinformation designed to make your own business appear to be a massive
> scam operation as perceived by your competitors.* This two-semester
> course studies the Rossi Phenomenon . . .

. . . .Or was Rossi's success due to nothing more than a random throw of
> the dice, a rare collection of eccentricities that ultimately produced the
> first trillionaire known to the world.

EXACTLY. That's hilarious. But seriously, many large changes in history do
start off as small, random events and the right people being in the right
place at the right time. Jobs might well have ended up a maladjusted
failure if he had not met Wozniak. Wilbur Wright might have become
a conscientious but long forgotten teacher in an Ohio town if he had not
been bashed in face with a hockey puck in 1885, and nearly killed. During
his two-year recovery he gave up all hope of a college education and going
out into the wider world, and instead stuck around Dayton with his younger
brother, manufacturing bicycles.

Sometimes people are in the wrong place at the wrong time, such as Archduke
Franz Ferdinand of Austria on June 28, 1914. I suppose there would have
been a war sooner or later, but perhaps not. You cannot run history over
again to find out. Perhaps war might have erupted some years later, and
with different weapons it might have ended more quickly with an allied
victory, instead of 9 million people slaughtered.