On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> My guess is: people who feel at home in equipment rooms with 1 MW
>>> reactors. That would not include me.
>>>

>> My guess is nobody who can test it properly and my second guess is that
>> it won't ever happen anyway.
>>

> Everyone who has tested it so far has been eminently qualified. Or do you
> suppose the chairman of the Swedish Skeptics Society, and the chairman of
> the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences' Energy Committee are not qualified
> to measure energy? If those two had reported it does not work you would be
> yelling that they are right.

Well, you see, the problem is that there are many possible errors in their
determinations and they did not do what was need to rule them out.  Whether
this was out of politeness, a desire to have Rossi call them again, or a
lack of diligence and determination, I don't know.  It doesn't matter how
qualified they are.  They tested the E-cat incorrectly-- each and every
public time.  No proper testing of the measurement method and too short a
run -- each and every time.

> The people who did the Ampenergo test described by McKubre are also
> experts.

Yes, well maybe but I have not seen their materials, methods, or data so I
have no way of knowing whether or not they did a good job.   Also, they
seem to be affiliated in some unknown way with Rossi.  *shudder*

> The only experts I know who said it did not work were people who measured
> it when it indisputably did not work. Some of those same people saw it
> again when it was working, and said so.

Nobody except Levi conducted a well designed and fairly scamproof test and
he didn't do it right and won't discuss the detailed data in any event.
And for some inexplicable reason, he never repeated it with attention to
the missing details.  I bet he regrets it.  Or maybe he asked and Rossi
told him to go fly a kite.