On Dec 1, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:

Someone at the Defkalion brought this up. It looks promising. See:

http://www.cyclonepower.com

http://www.defkalion-energy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=548

- Jed

Sterling engines have much promise. Perhaps now that the cost of photovoltaic is less than solar thermal, the sterling engine manfactuing capacity aimed for that market can be channeled toward other applications.

See:

http://www.stirlingengine.com/

Here is a most interesting quote: "Our new Traveling Wave Stirling engine has only one piston and no displacer. Frankly we aren't sure why it works. It's new, it's exciting, and there is no obvious reason (even to us) why it works. The main cylinder is made from quartz glass so you can see everything that's inside."

http://www.stirlingengine.com/product/94

"With only one piston, we aren't really sure why this works. It's amazing!"

"Our Price: $2977.00"

Best regards,

Horace Heffner
http://www.mtaonline.net/~hheffner/