On time is claimed to be 6 seconds.

AG

On 12/2/2011 9:04 AM, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Horace Heffner wrote:

A different working fluid is needed for automotive applications. Water freezes.

Someone mentioned that in the forum. You could add antifreeze I suppose. Or you could leave the motor on 24/7, in standby mode to keep it from getting cold. If the hot water circulation works without moving parts, this would not cost anything, since the heat is free.

I have heard they leave cars idling full time in some parts of Alaska during winter.

People have often fretted about how long it takes to turn on cold fusion. Perhaps that will not be a problem with the Rossi-style gas loaded devices. If it is a problem, the solution is to leave them on in standby mode, permanently. This is another example of why it will take a while for us to get used to zero cost energy.