since we don't know the theory of operation of the reactor,
and especially because the absence of gamma in nuclear reaction seems
strange,
we cannot rule out some change of regime, especially when temperature get
abnormal...

eg: if you play with U235 in big pots, sometimes, given enough quantity and
temperature, it can shortly diverge. some japanese workers have died of
such mistake.

anyway, should investigate, but with the secrecy (because if IP battle in
preparation), and
lack of mainstream research, it is hard to make good experiments...

at least I would  (I have in fact) advice Defkalion to include a radiation
detector to shut-down the reactor in case of strange burst of radiation.

nb: what is funny for me is how we, the humans, have forgotten about
experimental science when we have no theory... the reality of ignorance is
no more understood...