On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree there may have been some liquid flowing through at times, but
> Lewan performed Method 2 after a very large burst of heat, and he found the
> flow rate was much lower than the flow rate going into the reactor.
> Therefore the reactor water level was low and the vessel was filling up.
> All of the water coming out of the heat exchanger hose at that time was
> condensed from steam.

You don't know any of that. There was steam and mist coming out of the
hose, both at unknown flow rates. All Lewan measured was the collected
water over a period of time.

>  If they had measured the flow rate constantly with two precision flow
> meters (for the inlet and outlet) they might have found something like
> that, where the overall flow coming out was higher than the flow coming in.

Yes. Wouldn't it be nice if things were actually measured. But Rossi
doesn't allow us near the tree of knowledge. That would not serve his
purpose.