From: Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Dec 7, 2011 3:11 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:a long paper about and mainly against the E-cat

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 12:38 PM, David Roberson <dlrober...@aol.com> wrote:

I have always maintained that I will follow the evidence and have been faithful
to that end.

That is not consistent with your frequently expressed absolute certainty that
LENR is occurring.

Why should we assume that a well trained engineer would be so stupid as to be
incapable of catching water?

Because of the geometry of the trap. It would not capture entrained mist.

Why should we assume that a well-trained engineer would be so stupid as to be
incapable of knowing the output flow rate?

Please read the Wikipedia article on steam locomotives to put things in some
perspective.  I would estimate that the total area of Rossi’s 107 ECATs is
comparable to that of boiler within one of these devices.  How do you think
that they can function at all if most of the steam leaving has a quality of 5%
or so as you keep repeating?

How does steam engines producing dry steam mean that the ecats are? You need
more than the same area. You also need the power. The water level in steam
engine boilers is regulated to ensure dry steam. In the ecat it's not. So if
the power is too low, liquid water is forced through. It has no choice.

  If a straight forward model fits all of the facts, why should we go out of
the way to insist upon one that requires dishonest behavior, ignorance or just
plain deception as you suggest?

Low vaporization is the most straightforward model that fits all the facts. It
requires only the assumption that the trap is not effective for an entrained
mist, and the closed valve kind of suggests it was not effective at all. 470 kW
out requires unrealistic power regulation and stability and/or ignorance of the
output flow rate.

Are you convinced that the only way for the system to release 470 kW would be
for LENR action to be taking place?

No. I've answered this already. Playing with the report numbers is nothing more
than academic, since we have no way to verify any of the results of that test.
Even Rothwell agrees with that. To be convinced that heat was being produced by
nuclear reactions would require disconnecting the 450 kW generator, verifying
the energy out with a properly used heat exchanger, and demonstrably
independent observation, and running it much much longer.

  Where are the skeptics that claim that energy is stored for long enough and
intense enough to continue to heat the output for the full 5.5 hours?

First, it didn't. The output temperature bounced around, and for the last half,
mostly decreased, in spite of the fact that the input crept up a little because
of recycling the output. But all you need is a slight increase in pressure to
increase the temperature, as long as you've got liquid vapor equilibrium.

Second, there is little point for any skeptics to waste their time trying to
"analyze" the Oct 28 test, because there was no independent verification.
Without trust in Rossi and his engineer of unknown connection, we have
absolutely nothing. And from what we do have, there was a 450 kW generator
connected, no evidence of dry steam, and unknown pre-heating conditions, and
107 completely uninspected ecats, which could easily contain more than just
thermal mass for energy storage.

Just look at the 450 kW generator beside it. It's a fraction of the size, and
is capable of producing 3 times the thermal energy, at a temperature high
enough to convert it to electricity. And it doesn't need to be plugged in to
anything. It makes the giant ecat pretty feeble in comparison. The only thing
that the megacat might have going for it over the generator would be run time,
but, sadly, that was not demonstrated.