On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 1:54 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I consider the Oct. 6 test definitive.
>>>

>> Many capable scientists and engineers do not agree.
>>

> I have not heard from any yet.

How to break this to you? They don't care about you. You'll have to go
looking for their judgements. Start with Krivit's 200 page report.

> There has to be a time limit for these things.

Yes, but on Rossi's side. Really, tell us, if there is no commercial ecat
available that you or I can buy in a year, will you be as certain as you
are now? What about 2 years? 5 years?

It's already 12 years after the time you predicted cold fusion cars would
be available.

As Melich and I wrote regarding cold fusion in general:

> ". . . [S]keptics have had 20 years to expose an experimental artifact,
> but they have failed to do so.

Wrong onus. Advocates have had 22 years to demonstrate what should be dead
easy to demonstrate, and have failed to do so. That's why most people don't
pay attention anymore. When a really convincing demo comes along, like the
one you have described with an isolated device that stays palpably warmer
than its surroundings long enough to exclude chemical reactions. Nothing
close to that exists yet.

A reasonable time limit to find errors must be set, or results from decades
> or centuries ago will remain in limbo, forever disputed, and progress will
> ground to a halt.

Sorry, the only people in limbo are believers, and it's true, they will
spin their wheels into their graves. The skeptics just ignore the voodoo
and carry on making progress in their respective fields. It has always been
thus.

>> The measurement method was questionable and unverified and the run was
>> way too short.
>>

> Nonsense. It was 4 hours long. You can tell at a glance that the reactor
> would have reached room temperature after 40 min.

You keep saying that, but it took 50 minutes to drop 10 degrees after it
was shut down. That means you're just plain wrong.

You can repeat this nonsense as many times as you like but the graphs show
> you are wrong. Everyday experience with boiling water in poorly insulated
> pots proves you are wrong.

Are your pots 100 kg in mass? Are they wrapped in insulation and foil? Is
that what counts as proof in the field of cold fusion? Sad!