"Peter Heckert" <peter.heck...@arcor.de>

> Here is a screenshot about condensing applications:
> http://hphsite.de/vortex/SWEP-handbook.png
>
> I think Rossi did it perfectly wrong and the exchanger cannot work in
> horizontal orientation.

I think that the combination of using it horizontally AND with a low team
volume will work against Rossi -- any pooling of water in the HE which creates
a blockage would rapidly result in a temporary fall in the secondary output
temperature.

But which wins .. a blockage, or negative pressure from condensation?

Any negative pressure from condensation (vacuum relief valve) feeding back into
the eCat would result in a lower pressure and greater evaporation. Also, this
argues against the "input pump" blockage -- negative pressure would increase
the flow.

All of which makes the 120C reading less  understandable.

> SWEP has also a software to calculate heatexchangers. ...

I'll try to give it a shot next week.

Maybe I'll also try to get the Elmer FEM system working again.