From: Peter Heckert [mailto:peter.heck...@arcor.de]
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:23 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:The 6 Oct Rossi test heat exchanger model

Yes, I do now think, the heat exchanger should do it in the horizontal
orientation.
I tested this as follows:
I downloaded and installed the heatexchanger calculation software from SWEP.
It is unregistered and in demo mode. Registering is free bust must be approved,
so I have none.  In this mode the application supports only water-water
applications, so far I found.

So I inserted the primary water flow multiplied by 5, this gives about the
thermal energy of the steam.

Under this conditions I get secondary delta_t of 5°  and the difference between
primary out and secondary in is about 0.5 degrees.  Lewan reported about 1
degree.

So if this exchanger can do it with water, then it should also be able to do it
with the equivalent energy in steam.
Apparently horizontal orientation is not a problem here.

BTW, the difference between primary out and secondary in was about 1 degrees in
Lewans report.
If the primary delta_t was 100° then this means, the energetic efficiency of
the heatexchanger was 99 %.
This is pretty good and is probably because this exchanger is designed for
higher flow rates.

Best,

Peter