I'm sorry if this has been discussed before. What I find odd about Newan's
documentation is that he notes the boiling point at 99.5 C. He then adds .5 C
to that on page two when explaining the outlet under approximately 200 mm or so
of water. So he gets 100 C overall and a measured T out of slightly above 100 C
- which would result in steam if we assume that the hose itself plus the valve
its connected to don't need any pressure to let the steam pass through. However
on April 28 pressure in Bologna was recorded at 1012 hPa throughout most of the
afternoon which would lead to a boiling point of 100 C for pure water - not
99.5 C. However with a boiling point of 100 C and the outlet 200 mm under water
the measured temperatures could not lead to boiling, let alone vaporization.