Aussie Guy E-Cat <aussieguy.e...@gmail.com> wrote:

For the E-Cat or any other LENR generator to make inroads into the global
> energy generation market, the LCOE per kWh of delivered energy must be
> lower than from any other comparable energy sources or there is simply no
> market for it.

Yup. That's a key point.

You mean a market for the device as a practical source of energy. A person
could sell eCats as experimental devices. You could sell thousands at a
premium price to laboratories worldwide. Later you might even sell them as
a novelty item, similar to today's high-end electric cars. Toys for rich
people. Early automobiles and microcomputers were novelty items.

The top of the LCOE scale probably starts as a drop it in a remote site
> (could be in outer space) somewhere and generate heat and electricity. For
> that market the acceptable LCOE of the delivered energy is very high.

Yup again. Other examples of critical power that people will pay a premium
for include: pacemaker batteries, heart assist pumps (Ventricular Assist
Device), hearing aid batteries, watch batteries, remote telephone
repeaters, cell phone batteries, aviation, and highway sensors (now served
by solar panels).

The technology has to be developed to a high state of reliability before
such applications can be served. The same goes for military applications,
as you pointed out.

> For domestic situations the max acceptable LCOE drops quite a bit and for
> on grid electricity generation the required LCOE hits rock bottom.

Yup. Because of that, this is may be the last market you want to approach.

See Christensen, "The Innovator's Dilemma" for ideas about good markets to
begin with. This book introduces the concepts of disruptive versus
sustaining technology. These terms have become widely used clichés in
modern business, but people often misunderstand the original concept. I
discussed this book in chapter 7 of my book. I highly recommend reading the
original.

Christensen came out with a follow-up book which was also interesting. It
needs editing.