On 11-12-16 06:07 AM, Joshua Cude wrote:

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 2:20 AM, Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com <mailto:janap...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Following this line of reasoning, it is logical to assume that MY
    is more likely than not a male. I would guesstimate that the odds
    on this speculation are 70/30 that MY is a man.

Who the hell cares?

I guess you haven't been around the crackpot forums much, or you haven't been paying attention to the behavior of the folks there.

Nearly all members of the fringe science forums are male. (Go look around places like sci.physics.relativity if you don't believe me.) This is 'way out of proportion to the number of women in science; I don't have an explanation for the discrepancy. (Women aren't as nutty as men?)

However, I do have an observation: When a woman (or apparent woman) shows up, she gets *far* more responses to her posts than a man (or apparent man) would by posting the same sort of material. So, being a woman on the fringe lists is enough to garner an awful lot of attention, all by itself. (I leave it to you to figure out why.)

So, by observation, we can provide an answer your question as to "who cares":

Nearly everyone on the fringe science lists.