Mary Yugo <maryyu...@gmail.com> wrote:

You know very well that Rossi has never shown the slightest inclination to
> do anything like that. Many variants of that idea have been proposed to
> Rossi and he has refused them all . . .

This is true. He has emphatically refused. I agree there is no chance he
will sell a single unit. He will never allow tests.

He has said that the next customer is not inclined to keep the thing
secret. I believe him. He has been truthful about things like this. He has
often kept secrets but when he has revealed details about his business they
have been true, as far as I know.

> . . . using mostly tangential and irrelevant arguments.

I do not recall that he has made any arguments. He says it is his decision
not to sell single units and not to allow tests. He does not give a reason.
He is not obligated to give one. It is his business.

I am pretty sure the reason is because he wants to keep a low profile. He
wants enough people to believe it is real to attract customers, but not so
many that it attracts competition or attention from the authorities. He
does not want the DoE to think it is real. I wouldn't want that either, if
I were him. Heck, I wouldn't want that, being me. The longer they stay out,
the better. Only the DoD is helpful.