At 07:32 PM 12/25/2011, Aussie Guy E-Cat wrote:
I can't discuss the cell technology yet. I can say I consider a Ni-H cell as a FPE device.

You can call a pig an eagle, but that won't make it fly.

Seriously, the term "Fleischman-Pons effect" is taken. It usually refers to the "Fleischman-Pons Heat Effect," "FPHE," and is used only for PdD devices. The FPHE is, in my view, an established phenomenon, serious opposition to it disappeared from peer-reviewed journals years ago. The *cause* of the FPHE remains in question, but the evidence is quite strong that it's a process that converts deuterium to helium, see Storms, "Status of cold fusion (2010), Naturwissenschaften, October, 2010. I have seen no peer-reviewed criticisms that manage to impeach the *correlation* of heat with helium. That is, if there is anomalous heat with PdD, there is helium. No heat, no helium. The statistical significance is very high.

NiH LENR has no such well-established foundation. It may or may not be the same reaction. I've seen the comment, "I like to be parsimonious with miracles," but that's not a solid argument that the two reactions are the same. It's a reason to *suspect* that they might be the same.

(Obviously, they are not literally the same reaction; rather, it's possible that some kind of mechanism can be elucidated, eventually, that would apply to both PdD and NiH reactions, and, as well, to some other possibilities hinted in the literature, but we should not found the name of a reaction on speculation about the mechanism, or on speculative similarity. That was the problem with calling the FPHE "cold fusion," though, in fact, it almost certainly is some kind of fusion; it took years for the clear evidence to surface on that.)

So, if these devices are not PdD devices, please don't call them FPE devices, and, if they work, and are NiH, *that would not prove that the FPHE was real.* However, we already know the FPHE is real, but, in the other direction, that certainly doesn't demonstrate that NiH LENR is real.

It only makes it a bit more believable, not quite as outrageous.