Gee, my serendipitous 'webbing' this eve has been quite interesting and
fruitful. here's one more.

I promise I'll go to bed after this one!

Seeing the "Quantum" in Quantum Zero-Point Fluctuations

   http://physics.aps.org/articles/v5/8

PDF for actual article being described:

http://physics.aps.org/featured-article-pdf/10.1103/PhysRevLett.108.033602

This statement made me think about the problem of how the 'missing' gammas
are absorbed into the lattice as phonons:

"This approach yields relatively high-frequency mechanical resonances (with
gigahertz-scale frequencies), which makes cooling easier and yields
well-separated sidebands. The tight localization of modes also yields *very
strong optomechanical couplings*.

And especially this..

"In addition, this setup allows a single mechanical resonance to be coupled
to many distinct optical resonances."

Would a gamma be considered 'optical'?????

I do not know whether the conditions which were present in the experiment
above are present in LENR. so it may not be relevant.

G'nite,

-Mark