On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I wish I could add something substantial to this list, but I can't.  I
> haven't taken time to watch all of the videos or read the comments on Web
> sites, so I have to rely on others for the second detail.  I can't even
> conclude that Rossi has probably lied.  The final result is a lack of
> clarity about the situation.
>
> Like detectives in a cheap novel, we're looking for incriminating evidence
> in every little scrap.  In the process we have ended up with little more
> than speculation.

Yes it's speculation.  But taking the totality of the evidence and
putting Defkalion and Ampenergo into the equation, it just isn't the
way a true development of practical, powerful, LENR fusion reactors
would go.  None of it makes the slightest sense.  Not the delays in
getting university or any independent confirmation, not the failure to
change to better measurement methods for demos, not the anonymous
client, not the same client buying 12 more collections of 50 crummy
looking sloppily assembled reactors, not inviting all the reporters
and scientists for the Big Reveal of the megawatt plant and then
keeping them behind a barrier so they could see nothing, not the
constant barrage of unlikely developments and claims like a self
destruct mechanism as the only IP protection, not the rest of the
weird responses from a silly blog with an improbable name, not that
most of the support comes from the likes of Sterling Allan, Paul Story
and Craig Brown who wouldn't know a scientific principle or method if
it bit them in the butt -- NONE of it makes the SLIGHTEST sense and
after an entire year, nothing promising has developed.

Let me know if it ever does.