With all the floating theories on how Rossi Cold Fusion works, do we have a
consensus on whether the Ni powder needs to be attached to the reactor walls?
or free floating inside the reactor?

There are very good reasons for either strategy. I have read all the comments
on this collective on this.   On the one hand, sintering the Ni powder may
improve thermal conduction, thereby improving reaction stability by allowing
for more efficient removal of heat; on the other hand, free floating Ni
nanopowder may make a larger surface area available for reaction.  Does anybody
have info on whether DGT sinters their powder?  I haven't read anything on that.

I'd like to hear the best educated guesses of the smartest people in our
collective.  I will adjust my reactor design based on what the collective
thinks is the best initial guess.

Jojo